Market and Pre-Sale Survey

We have created a special survey for our early members to help shape the future of the Easy Bake Community by asking YOU how you would like to shape our future. Please take about 10-15mins of your day to provide us with your insights: EasyBake Market Survey

Please use this topic to discuss your experience during our pre-sale survey and expand upon any aspect you feel requires a more in-depth discussion. Thanks for your participation and we hope you will contribute to the survey by responding using this link.

Who knows? You may even vote to give yourself an airdrop for being so loyal.

6 Likes

I think the survey was well thought out, and would be interested to see the results. I am curious to know, if people were honest, what their investment time horizon would be.

As mentioned in the Tokenomics discussion, some were worried that an airdrop would bring in people that would only be interested in dumping, well, I would wager to guess that there would be a majority of early investors, that given the opportunity by improper vesting lengths, or too large an allotment, would not think twice about dumping.

Having said that, if there was only a way to gage intent before allotment, perhaps a way of proving loyalty, or the likes. Just a thought.

3 Likes

I’m echoing YellowCake’s comments. I’m fairly new to the space so please keep in mind that my answers may not be based on as much knowledge as those of some other people. That said, I am excited about the opportunity of being involved in a project from the start and eager to learn as the project develops and grows.

To comment on YellowCake’s about an honest investment time horizon: I’ve been giving this some thought for myself. So to give an honest answer, I’m probably divided between a mid- and long-term time horizon. What that means in practice: if the early investment comes with a >1 year vesting length (which I fully support from a sustainability perspective), I would personally consider splitting my investment between the early sign-up and the open-market launch, even though I’d likely be getting much fewer tokens in that second purchase.

The reason for this is simple: I like to have the opportunity to take at least some profits when one of my holdings goes crazy parabolic - for mental sanity, if nothing else. I look at some of the charts of projects that launched late 2017, went 200x in weeks, and then came allll the way back down again, and I question whether I’d have the mental fortitude to watch that happen with an investment and not be able to touch it at all. If I’d have the ability to at least sell some 5-10% of my holdings and secure my initial investment and some profits, I’d feel much more at peace with whatever happens to the rest.

Perhaps this is what most early investors do. If so, please forgive me for being a relative noob, but I just thought I’d share my honest thoughts on the subject :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey, thanks for the great reply. These types of discussions are vital, and you bring up a great point about wanting to be able to benefit as well from being an early investor. I think this is important to consider. Perhaps we could incorporate some type of unvesting schedule, if there is vesting at all.

I am glad that you stepped up to share your thoughts, I hope other newbs and OG’s do as well. You make valid points, cheers.

2 Likes

Having watched other projects initiate a long vesting time frame, I found it to be harmful for the project. If the project is solid and the marketing is on point, let the market decide the price. There is always reticence to ape in knowing that there is still a potential token dump to come. Whatever way you look at it, people will take a profit. Get it over and done with and move upwards and onwards. The initial investors pass bags onto new investors and they in turn find new investors. Unless of course it’s a pump and dump from outset. I do not believe this to be the case for easybake.

4 Likes

I was thinking back to my answers and I believe I answered the question about maximum investment percentage with <1%. I am realizing that that is probably not very realistic.

The main aim should probably be to achieve something resembling a normal/ Gaussian distribution, rather than a Pareto distribution, which is a more likely outcome if you don’t have any kind of cap. That said, if you want to achieve your fundraising goals and don’t have thousands of investors, it’s probably unrealistic to set a <1% cap.

One way you could go about setting a cap is looking at how many interested investors you have, plotting those numbers on a Gaussian distribution, and then looking at what % the largest holders would be holding in that distribution. Something close to that % might be a good cap.

3 Likes

You’re exactly right, which is why it is vital I gauged the sentiment prior to establishing a hard limit per individual investor. Delighted to see your awareness of such a need. Impressive, happy to have you around :smile:

2 Likes

as i just participated in a project for their presales their vesting is every week 4% token release 20% on tge which i think is great. due to lesser dumps from pre sales due to the % claim is so little people rather just hold it for the presales or private sales

3 Likes

Yes, good point. There is always more than one way of looking at things. What you say is true, since EB will be a good quality project, if people want to sell early, it will provide opportunity for others like you say.

2 Likes

I think I explained my thoughts in the survey itself, but as I recall, the raise total was such that I think there shouldn’t need an individual cap even as high as 1%. In fact it would probably help stabilize the project with an even lower individual cap – of course, whales will simply use multiple wallets if they want more. Unless, as Menno mentions, if you don’t expect more than a couple hundred investors or desire a larger raise, then higher would make sense. But with the small raise and the ability for whales to easily buy huge percentages, I would expect some big swings with token price after launched. We see these pump & dumps every day with launches.

2 Likes

I also did complete the survey and, like many others, am torn between the 1% per investor and the guarantee of having big whales if that ceiling is breached; however, I propose that, initially, the maximum amount allotted to any given investor to be 1% tops and, if the total required investment amount is not reached, only then considering an increase towards 2-5% per investor, as to fulfill the early financial requirements of the project.

Vesting wise, I propose a laddered approach for 80% of the entire stack; each month 10% will be unlocked, first month being exactly the one after the initial public sale . As in regards to the other 20%, that may be unlocked as soon as the token launches. This approach might satisfy both sides (those who want 100% day 1 and those who want vesting for a long duration of time).

2 Likes

I mentioned marketing being important. I should probably talk more about that in the tokenomics thread. I’ve been keeping up with the announcement channel, but haven’t been very active yet. I need to get caught up on all the comments and get more involved.

2 Likes

We the community should make marketing,I was involved in the past in a project where an army of 40-50 people got the project on Binance,but we were dedicated to the project,I hope we can gather such an army for EasyBake too.

3 Likes

What did the group do to promote the project? What methods were most effective? Do you mind sharing which project it was?

2 Likes

We tweeted good stuff information about the project,then all the army liked and retweeted that tweet,we also got it in different trendings,twitter crypto trendings,coingecko etc…we had a influencer who helped us sometimes,his name is Eljaboom…but the hard works was made by the community…VIDT is the name,but the project got full of drama.

2 Likes

hey everyone, just dropping in to say hi and to mention that I thought the survey was superbly put together, nice work! Apologies for not being more active, I’ve been incredibly busy, which is 100% my own fault but hoping to start getting on top of things this week

3 Likes

Glad to see people here commenting on marketing as well. Same here I would love to hear what the team’s marketing strategies are to promote the project. Any potential partnership in the future? Any way to grow our community bigger?
Lastly I have to say I like this idea of having a forum to share our ideas and thoughts. In my opinion(maybe I’m old school) this is more organized in a controlled manner: I can find more quality content this way versus just scrolling down endless memes that I experienced in some other TG groups I joined. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

I think a strong community is a key component to success but does not completely replace advertising in this highly competitive fast-paced industry. I believe both community building combined with a good marketing campaign is the best recipe.

We can have a budget for both. The community budget doesn’t have to be that big – prizes for a meme contest, for example.

Influencers all charge for youtube, twitter, telegram AMAs, etc.

Even the best ideas can die in darkness…
However, I think I know an influencer that might help us get the word out about our new community.

4 Likes

Please keep in mind, at this point in time, it is up to the community to collaborate and come up with the best ideas and solutions, in the end, the more people that participate, and share useful suggestions or ideas to explore, the better chance we have at executing closer to where we would like to be. Thanks for the post, keep the content flowing…

2 Likes

Thank you so much for vocalizing your support. There will be a discussion concerning potential partnerships. We do have some in line and I would love to see how we can best integrate into their ecosystem and them into ours.

5 Likes